Amazon text

Please click on any of the Amazon links to make a purchase and we receive advertising monies to be used towards our adoptions (it does not cost you anything extra)!

Amazon

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The good and the bad...

So as I get the screamer to sleep, I take a few advil and hit the computer for some updates. I decide to check out what's happening in the world so I open up FB first (ok, what's happening in some digital fabrication of the world) and I come across two posts right away, one after the other, that give me much needed strength:
The One who stood in the furnace with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego stood trial in your place to save you from a fire stronger than Nebuchadnezzar’s. And He stands with you today in whatever fire burns around you.
Isaiah 43:2
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
"Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." Isaiah 43:1-3
Thank you Sandra and Ashley for that perfect timing!

Adoption is not easy. Considering I have posted all of the good, I suppose it would only be fair to share the ugly too.....we had a really, really, REALLY bad day on Sunday. I posted the great pictures of that mornings breakfast but it pretty much went down hill from there....and down and down.....this little guy is surely a SCREAMER (I seem to instinctively capitalize that every time). He (hence, we) had a bad day. All the tricks I thought I had up my sleeve from the crying prior to that just didn't seem to work. He cried for hours on end (and yes, we though of the new food, etc but let's remember that he was very attached to his foster mother) I know that he needs to get his grieving out and it all makes sense.....I mean how many of us adults could just change everything we know in our world that quickly and not grieve? It's part of the process...a process well worth it...but boy does that devil work really extra hard during those times! I found out the hard way in the middle of the night that I should not say, "Momma is here" as it makes him made and kicks, hits and screams more. I guess I just don't want everyone to think that adoption is easy - 'cause it's just not. Even as good as Anthony has been so far, it's still just not easy. I really feel that the two days delay of not getting Gabriel makes a big difference. You just don't have "the hours in" that you need before you go doing all this other stuff to make him yours. Today when I had to take him away from the toys at the consulate he SCREAMED and SCREAMED. We had to walk through over 100 people to get out and everyone of them look at the American with the SCREAMING Asian baby....I wanted to yell, "Well if you didn't just throw these children away then maybe they wouldn't be screaming!" Instead I said, "What you never saw a baby crying before!"
Ugghhhh.....So enough of the ugly...we have really, really been making progress!!! Here, take a peek:


 (above picture is laughing not his SCREAMING)


I might get brave enough to post the plumbers crack picture because all of his clothes are way too big! So we have lots of laughs and giggles at this point. He was able to sign me "more" at dinner last night! He now knows YES movement and not just the shaking of the head NO. He says YUM!!!!!! And even YUM, YUM. When he plays he babbles and babbles. He smiles. He does love to dance!!!! (they told us this but we only just saw it recently). He likes to be tickled (gotta time that right as I found out tonight). He plays great with other kids and loves to just jump right into play. He is a pretty smart little guy that just needs to be worked with. When I asked him to share with a girl at the consulate today - he did and did again and again. He sat at a table eating with these kids too, it was too sweet. He is really going to be ok (hence, me too).

We are really moving forward. Sure, there are moments where I wonder how I got this bright idea but I'm pretty sure that most parents have those moments. This little guy is just too precious and I can not wait to introduce him to his Dadda and big brother!!! Thursday couldn't come soon enough!

Thanks for checking in! Keep the prayers coming especially for all of those out there who have considered becoming a forever family, prayers for strength and guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment